সর্ব-শেষ হাল-নাগাদ: ১৭ নভেম্বর ২০১৬
Share with :
- Issue, cancel, amend and determine conditions of licenses, exemption of licenses and determine the conditions to be followed by such exempted persons.
- Help ensure efficient use, quality services, determine tariff and safety enhancement of electricity generation and transmission, marketing, supply, storage and distribution of energy.
- Approve schemes on the basis of overall program of the licensee and take decision taking into consideration the load forecast and financial status
- Extend co-operation and advice to the Government, if necessary, regarding electricity generation, transmission, marketing, supply, distribution and storage of energy.
- Encourage to create a congenial atmosphere to promote competition amonngst the licensees.
- Ensure control of environmental standard of energy under existing laws.
- Ensure approprite remedy for consumer disputes, dishonest business practices or monopoly.
- Resolve disputes between licensees and between licensees and consumers, and refer to arbitration if necessary.
- Develop uniform methodology of accounting for all licensees to help ensure performance rating on a fair platform.
- Collect, review, maintain & publish statistics of energy.
- Frame codes and standards and make enforcement of those compulsory to ensure quality of services.
- Determine efficiency and standard of the machinery & appliances using energy and ensure through energy audit the verification, monitoring, analysis of the energy data and economic use and enhancement of efficiency on use of energy.
- Perform any incidental functions if considered appropriate by the Commission for fulfilling objectives of the Act.